Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Another Great Week in Clearfield

Hey everyone so since I was super late uploading my last blog I will keep this one short and simple to catch up for this week. So this week was a pretty good week on Tuesday we had the opportunity to go do service up at the Ogden temple which was awesome! We were able to go below temple and see everything that goes on. I was really surprised at how much there is that goes on below the temple!. Elder Ballard and I helped build and put new shelves in their big freezers in the kitchen. We had exchanges again this week, this time I was able to stay in my area. We had a good exchange and through tracting we were able to find a few new people to teach! A funny/ sad story was while we were on exchanges we were tracting the Clearfield apartments at night and we locked our bikes to a tree. Well when we came back Elder Ballard's bike grip handles were stolen, the kind he had were custom ones that slid on, luckily nothing else got taken but he has had it rough riding with those gone all week haha.

Elder Ballard's custom grips were stolen :(

One of the biggest highlights this week was receiving a package from home! Just like I remember in the MTC packages were the best!. I got a lot of stuff that we needed for around our place and some other goodies as well. I also got three more things of cereal so we should be set for a while haha!. 

Connor could live on cereal
We had some great gospel studies this week and what is so great about them is one the spirit that I feel and two is while we are teaching them I am also learning as well. We were able to go over to a bishops house and have some steaks and play some ping pong which was super competitive and fun.

We had some really good dinners this week including one that we had with the Johnson family. We had fall of the bone ribs that he made with his new smoker, corn ( not quite as good as Nebraska's) beans, chicken, and cake which was awesome! We also had a lot of people show up to our Saturday night basketball games at the church which was great and a lot of fun. It is always a good week when the Huskers win! I am sad I can't watch but I hear and see on Facebook they are doing well, I like our chances versus Oregon this week! Today we went to Rush Fun Plex again with some more missionaries and we were able to have a good time. We played many rounds of laser tag.We also bowled and raced the go karts which is always a blast.
Laser Tag

Although this week was pretty slow we were blessed to be able to find some new people to teach as well as set up a baptismal date in October for a young boy we are teaching. The lord has blessed me in so many ways and it is such an awesome experience to be able to serve a mission here in Ogden, Utah. One of the cool messages we shared this week with our Investigators was about Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah and how they sought to destroy the church. What I liked was a lot of us have made mistakes in our lives and many people think that the sins they have committed are far too great for them to return to church or to be forgiven of. Well,  what is great is that Jesus Christ is loving and he will forgive you for the things you did no matter what. We shared with them as a follow up to that chapter in Alma 17 where the sons of Mosiah and Alma the Younger had a change of heart and were forgiven of the things they had done and turned away from sin.

I have a testimony of Heavenly Father and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon and the Bible are true testaments of our loving Heavenly Father. I just want to let all of you know that no matter your circumstances, what you have done, or what you are going through that if you have a change of heart and a willingness to turn from those sins, that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will forgive you of those things. I want to invite you all to pray and ask Heavenly Father for forgiveness and to turn away form sin, I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

D&C 58:42- Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more.

Isaiah 1:18- Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment