I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two. I hope by then I will be ready, to teach and preach and serve as missionaries do!
Well, Connor has definitely grew a foot or two since he sang this song in primary. It was April 2016 and his mission papers were turned in after a redo picture was requested because someone's hair was too long, lol! We had it all planned out beautifully that his call would come on the Saturday before Mother's Day! Mark & Lorilee, my parents and even Quinton & John from Oregon were here for dinner and then would Skype with Jameson in Mexico that day and Connor would open his call. But sadly, our mailbox was empty on that Saturday. It was still a great Mother's Day and we enjoyed a great Skype call with Jameson.
His call finally came on Monday, May 9th. Now we just had to wait until after Genna's vocal music concert to open it.
The weather turned pretty nasty around 5:00. Grandma & Grandpa Koski were not able to make it down to the concert. There were reports of tornados touching down not far from their house. The concert went on as scheduled despite the churning clouds. We didn't get very far into when the sirens went off and we were all sent into the locker rooms to wait out the storm. After about a half an hour of waiting, they finally decided to cancel the concert.
|It was a dark & stormy night!|
This isn't the best video and I think I thought I started recording but hadn't...but here is what I got..
Sam Bennett and Josh Frerichs both guessed right that Connor would go to Utah. Connor's cousin Ethan opened his call the week before to Orem Utah. He reported July 27th to the Provo MTC. Connor reports August 3rd, 2016 to the Provo MTC.