Tuesday, October 4, 2016

General Conference: An Awesome Privelege






Well, this week was a pretty great week! On Wednesday we had the opportunity to do some service again at the community food bank. It was fun to have the whole district there including Elder Rape and Nelson. It was fun to do one more thing as a group since Elder Rape and Dimond went home. We had a fun/challenging time moving 3500 pound pallets around the warehouse!

Fun times!





So earlier in the week we decided we needed to start eating better and thanks to some training from sister Jaggi, we decided to take on that challenge. So after we got money on our cards we hit up Walmart and bought a lot of groceries, and thanks to some generous members we were able to afford all of the healthy food. So far eating healthier has felt great, I've noticed I have had more energy than normal and I feel better overall.
Healthy food haul
The weekend of General Conference was truly the highlight and what made the week so great! On Saturday we went up to the Conference Center and went to the Saturday afternoon session of Conference. We took the Frontrunner to Salt Lake City and it reminded of the first day of the mission when I rode it from Provo to Ogden. Elder Ballard, Allman, Howard, and myself rode together and it was a fun time and it felt good to get out of the mission boundaries. One lady was going through the entire Frontrunner taking pictures of missionaries and sending them to our parents.
On the Frontrunner
I've been to Conference before, but man I do not remember there being that many people! It was crazy packed!. We decided to go get some food before the afternoon session on Saturday and as I was walking I hear " Elder Bennett, is that you". I turned around to see it was Elder James Giles from my home ward in Nebraska City! It was so cool to be able to run into him and it is such a small world. I was kicking myself because I didn't get a picture with the first time but once again right before conference started we ran into each other again and this time I got one!

Elder Bennett and Elder Giles
We had some good seats we sat in terrace level. There are three levels: plaza(floor), terrace, and balcony. We sat smack dab in the middle about four rows up from the front row so we had fairly good seats. All the talks were awesome and it is just an awesome experience to be there in person.



This p-day, we had a fun day of playing zone basketball all day. It was a fun time being able to have a lot of guys down and even President Jaggi made an appearance and played with us.

I just want to bear my testimony about General Conference and the influence it has in our lives. General Conference is an awesome privilege to be able to hear from called servants of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They are called to help share and provide revelation they receive with and for everyone to hear. This revelation pertains directly to our day and lives and it is awesome to be able to receive guidance. One of the best parts is being able to hear the Prophet Thomas S. Monson speak to us. His words and love for all of us make my day and the lives of everyone better. It is sad to see his health failing but what a blessing it is to have a prophet in our everyday lives. I encourage you to review the notes you took from General Conference and to reflect on the feelings and inspiration you received while listening to the talks. I know that if you do that, that the Lord will bless you for your efforts and willingness to want to improve and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Elder Ballard & Elder Bennett
 




















No comments:

Post a Comment