Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Power of the Book of Mormon

Serious picture in his new floral tie
Sorry for the late weekly update but here it is! Well it was a pretty good week. On Wednesday we went up the Habitat for Humanity up in Ogden which partners with Weber State College. The place we worked was a big warehouse store deal and we built some shelves to put windows in. We also helped unload stuff for the store. There was a communication error so me and Elder Ballard were the only ones there haha, but it went good. We got some free Weber State T-shirts out so that was a bonus.
Free T-shirt
This week was transfer week. I didn't go anywhere and I am still with Elder Ballard which is good! The Weber East Zone seems completely different now, there are so many new faces and new missionaries. It was fun to get to know everyone and I was happy to see my MTC roommate, Elder Johnson, join the Weber East Zone! 

Another highlight this week, Aiden (the 9 year old we baptized) his families washer went out and they couldn't afford a new one. So one day I signed up on "Items Needed" list at the Sunset building while on exchanges and a few days later we get a call saying we have a washer for you! It was awesome because the folks who gave it to us were able to take it down to Aidens house and we unloaded it hooked it up for them! They were so grateful and you could tell they were super happy! Which always makes us happy. We were also able to help a family move into a new house, so we had a lot of service opportunities this week which is awesome!

We ate out lot this week! And what is so great about serving in the Ogden Utah mission is everywhere you eat is 1, good and 2 either discounted or free for missionaries! We ate at Sills (breakfast place), Paces-2 times (burger place), and Del Taco. Also one of my favorite places to go get a drink is Fiiz. It is a soda cafe deal where you can mix your favorite Drinks with all kinds of flavorings. I have gotten the Purple Nurple (MT. Dew and Grape) and the Xandew ( pineapple and berry with mt dew). It is a great place and they give the missionaries drinks for a dollar which is great. 
Fiiz drinks
We also attended a chili cook off in the West Park ward. They had really good food and it was to be able to play catch (baseball) and ultimate Frisbee.

For P-day we played speedball as a zone. It was a lot of fun as usual and President Jaggi came and played with us for a couple hours which is awesome! 

Recently the mission has started a 90 day Book of Mormon reading challenge. I am a little behind because I started late but what an awesome opportunity we have to read the Book of Mormon. Before my mission we read the Book of Mormon as a family, but I haven't really taken the time to read the whole thing by myself and my goal is to have it done and have it read many many times before I go home. Something that is helping me to focus on what I am reading is writing down the keys points and events that take place in each chapter. From what I have noticed so far it is easier for me to remember what went on when I write these things down, which is making it easier for me to continue reading which is great! 

I know the power of the Book of Mormon and what it can do in our everyday lives. I love how the Book of Mormon isn't there to replace the Bible at all, but it is a companion to the Bible. There teachings go hand in hand and I love reading from both and love how both books contain testaments of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that still pertain to this day and age. The mission office has pictures up on the wall and they have this meme that says "Mormons, the most secretive church that knocks on your door to tell you all about it".

The Book of Mormon is open for everyone to read! Moroni 10: 3-5 says:


3. Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
4. And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

I would like to invite all of you to read it and to pray ask Heavenly Father is these things are true.!
Finished a burger at Scruds & got to sign the wall
Go Big Red!!

No comments:

Post a Comment