Monday, November 14, 2016

House of the Lord

Hey everyone, so this week was a good week! Sorry this a pretty short blog! 


On Tuesday we had the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple this week! I am super blessed to be serving a mission in Utah where there are temples everywhere! So we have a Mission Temple Day and each zone is designated times to go through the temple! We had the 2:30 pm session. We got there pretty early so we ended up going to Farrs Ice Cream, I have heard a lot about this place and I was excited to go! It was good, but I am more of a soft serve kinda guy! 

The Temple Trip was awesome, it was really cool to be there with all the other missionaries and to see our mission president there.
Ogden Temple
After the Temple trip we ate with the Pierces again! This time they made one of my favorite meals, They made roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, rolls, and salad! It was super good and it is always a good time with the Pierce family! 

We started teaching a mom and her daughter named Jelena and Natasha, they are super excited to learn more every lesson and are planning on being baptized this Saturday! Which is super exciting!

 We did exchanges this week with our zone leaders which was fun! It is always fun to learn from a different companion and it is cool to go to a new area or show them the people we are teaching!

On a spiritual note I am thankful for the opportunity we have to go to the temple! I am super blessed to live so close to a temple that is less than an hour, back in Nebraska and here in Utah. Sometimes I don't always feel like going but when I do I feel so spiritually refreshed and good inside! The temple is the House of the Lord and is a place you can go to forget the trials and temptations of the world! There is an undeniable spirit in the temple and it is a place we can go to feel that!

No comments:

Post a Comment