Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Once There Was A Snowman

Hey everyone I hope you all had a good week! Well this week was not a really exciting week! It was a pretty typical week and not much happened. On Tuesday, we had the opportunity to do service up at the Salvation Army up in Ogden. I can't believe how much stuff goes in and out of that place, which meant we were kept busy!


This week a was really service filled week, it has been snowing a lot here. A lot of this week consisted of helping people shovel their driveways. I would like to say I am getting pretty good at it now! A lot of people have mini plows on their four wheelers and Razors and they get done super quick, I wouldn't mind just driving around all day shoveling people's driveways if I had that! Me and Elder Policarpio also built a snowman and took a picture with it but unfortunately someone came and knocked the head off of it haha!
Once there was a snowman
We had a couple really good dinners this week, a family took us out to eat at Chuck O Ramas which is an all you can eat buffet and it reminded me a lot of Valentinos back home! We also had a family that made us breakfast food which I love and haven't had much of here on my mission so far. We had crepes,eggs,bacon, toast, and orange Julius it was super good!! 



Sundays are super long! As a missionary we go to 3 sacraments a day which can be rough but it's nice to learn new things and to be with the members we are working with. We go to other meetings in between Sacraments and are often gone from around 8 am to 4 pm which can make for a long day, but I love it because I am so spiritually refreshed and I am always happier on Sundays! On Monday was just a relax day and we got some IN and Out which was super good and played some pool!
In & Out Burger


On a spiritual note I just wanted to express my testimony on the importance of going to church! I am so grateful for the opportunities I have to go to church. I never really looked forward to church before my mission and just felt like it was another thing I had to do throughout my week, but it hasn't been till my mission that I have been grateful and understood why we go. I am so grateful that each week we get to have a mini baptism again. When we were baptized our sins were washed away but Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ knew we would sin again so they provided a way for us to be forgiven of those sins through the Sacrament. Each week as we partake of the bread and water we are reminded of the covenants we made at baptism and and are forgiven of those sins that we have repented for. It amazes me as we teach people. It is hard to imagine how Jesus Christ felt every pain and sickness and temptation and took upon everyone's sins. I feel like sometimes I have it hard, but imagine taking on everyone's feelings and actions, wow, I am so grateful for the knowledge and the willing sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ! When I am having a tough week, I always know that when I go to church I can be at peace and leave all that behind!! I hope everyone has a great week and hope you can gain happiness from and peace from going to church!!




-Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment