Monday, December 26, 2016

A Great Christmas


Matching ties with Elder Conrad


Hey everyone sorry I missed last week blog not much happened last week so I will combine most of it!
Dinner out at a Japanese Steakhouse
Tried sushi for the first time & liked it
12 days of Christmas gifts

Well, I hope everyone had a great Christmas! For being the first Christmas away from home it was not bad at all! It feels a little different of course but it was a enjoyable day! Elder Conrad got up bright and early and Skyped his family over in Switzerland and then we went to church which was a very spiritual and great Sacrament meeting. We came home and opened presents- it was great! I got a lot of useful things that I can use during my mission and my awesome parents got me a Ukulele! I have been wanting to get one and learn how to play so I was super excited about!
Ukelele


I am so glad to be serving my mission in the day and age that we can use the wonderful tool of technology
Genna playing a song for us
!

We were able to do a 3 way skype with my family and my brother who is Mexico! It was super cool and strange to be talking to my family and brother as a missionary, because I remember like it was yesterday that we were skyping my brother last Christmas and now to be doing the same thing was like Deja Vu haha. I am so glad and blessed to have a wonderful family who is so loving and caring! I also wanted to thank everyone for the gifts I received: My family, the Neddenrieps, The Lincoln Stake Youth, The Petersons in Utah, The Peterson family in Olathe Kansas, The Dunster family, Grandma and Grandpa Koski, and everyone else who gave me some gifts, thank you so much I am extremely grateful and blessed!
Christmas dinner appointment

The rest of the week before Christmas was pretty good,we had an awesome great mission devotional, and then we did a mission picture and had some cinnamon rolls, and hot cocoa bar. On a spiritual note I am so grateful for the birth of the Savior. This year I finally have gotten a perspective of the true meaning of Christmas! I am so grateful for our Savior and the plan of happiness that He has in store for us! I am very blessed to be serving here in the Utah Ogden Mission and I am excited to see what the 2017 year will bring!
The Mountains!



I hope everyone had a great holiday and hope you have a great New Years!


Love Elder Bennett!

No comments:

Post a Comment