Thursday, December 15, 2016

Standing as a Witness of Christ

Hey everyone sorry for the late blog post! I hope everyone had great week! This week was a pretty rough week! But this week should be a lot better!
On Tuesday we had the opportunity to do some service at an event center. The event was a large Christmas display of Nativities, other religions, nutcrackers, and a live nativity. The service was really easy because all we were asked to do was to make sure no one touched anything there haha!

Christmas Socks

The rest of the week was a pretty slow week! Darrin the 9 year old was supposed to be baptized this Saturday but again he couldn't, then three people we had on date: Carlos, Megan, and Evelyn are no longer in our area! A big fight within the family led them to move out of our area! So we can no longer teach them which was super sad! We have two more investigators that have been moving along slow. Even though this week was trial filled I am grateful for it because without trials we wouldn't know the difference between sadness/happiness.


My Companion Elder Conrad went and took the ACT test on Saturday, he was pretty nervous but I know he did well! While Elder Conrad was on exchanges with a member I went and spent the morning with my former Trainer, Elder Ballard, and his companion, which was a fun time catching up with him. It was cool too because one of my parents friends came up to me and said they knew me!

Ran into my Mom's friend
On Sunday we had the opportunity to give a talk in the Freeport Branch. We spoke on Standing as a Witness of Christ. Giving talks before the mission was something I dreaded but it is something that I look forward to now!


We also on Sunday got to go up and sit in on the last lesson for one of Elder Conrad's recent converts, the Petersons. They are really awesome family that I had the opportunity to go to their three sons baptisms! We taught them now that they are members how they can serve in the church. Afterwards they gave us Christmas Gifts! They were so kind and got each of us a super soft blanket, a stocking full of goodies, an ornament, a book called The Tattooed Mormon and they got it signed for us!, a mini mailbox full of letters, and there sweet little 7 year old daughter made each of us a build a bear missionary with a recording that says " I will love you forever Elder Bennett". I truly didn't deserve any of this but I was truly grateful for the kindness and love of this family!
Such Kindness!

I also received gifts from my parents! Me and Elder Conrad get to open one present for the  12 days of Christmas which is super fun! 
Elder Conrad's New Christmas Socks

On a spiritual note I just wanted to talk about standing as a witness of Christ. If you get the chance you should read Elder Anderson's talk from this last general conference called standing as a witness of God. It is a great talk that shares a lot of good insights and ways we can be a witness of God. Before my mission I was not always the best example of standing as a witness of God but getting the chance to be a witness 24/7 for two full years has been a very special experience. Although it can be hard sometimes I know that we don't have to stand alone, other members, families, the Spirit, and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are going to be with us every step of the way! I encourage you all to stand as a witness of Christ. Remember at baptism we made a covenant to stand as witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places!



Have a great week everyone!!


-Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment